A liver is the most largest organ of your body. The liver has two large sections, called the right and left lobes.
It is situated under your rib cage on the right side above of the stomach and below the lungs. Meanwhile , it’s the only organ that can regenerate itself. The liver’s main job is to filter the blood coming from the digestive tract, before passing it too the rest of our body. The liver and organs work together to digest, absorb, and process food.
Moreover, it performs more than five hundred (500) roles in our body.
Therefore, let’s discuss some major functions of liver in our body :-
- Stores and releases some major functions of liver in our body.
- Certainly regulates blood clotting.
- Improves our Immune system to fight infections and remove bacteria from bloodstream.
- It detoxicates drug.
- Stores mineral salts, eg. Iron and Vitamins.
- It deaminates excess Amino Acid to produce urea and glucose.
- Regulates Blood Sugar.
- It makes bile, which helps carry away waste and break down fats in the small intestine during digestion.
- It makes certain proteins for blood plasma too.
- Clears bilirubin, as too much of this turns our skin and eyes look yellow.
Moreover, there so many functions which are done through our liver.
- Jaundice ( yellow skin and eyes )
- Swollen legs, ankles and abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting and nausea
- Dark urine
- Weakness or feeling sick
- Certainly Hair loss
- Intensely itchy skin
- Fever with high temperatures and shivering
- Very dark or black tarry stools.
So, if you’re facing or suffering from any of these symptoms, do consult with your physician as soon as possible. Avoiding could be very risky at this time.
Moreover, there are some tips For Better Liver Function – precautions & Home Remedies here, you can check it out.
Hope this article could be a little helpful to you.
Till Than, Spread Love & Kindness