Ayurveda is brilliant for its herbal wisdom, such as the benefits of Turmeric. Turmeric is known to have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and rejuvenating properties. But to get the whole benefit of turmeric, you need to consume it in the natural form as turmeric is said to balance all doshas. One wonderful way to add turmeric in your daily life is the Golden Milk.
Here are some wonderful effects and benefits of having Golden Milk (turmeric milk) everyday :
- Having Turmeric Milk every night can improve circulation, leading healthy menstruation.
- A glass of Turmeric Milk can be a great help to have a restful sleep. People whose sleep breaks multiple times for using bathroom can also be benefit by having this milk at bedtime.
- The Turmeric Milk can also heals soft tissue injuries, helping in accelerating recovery.
- Boost your immunity system.
- Improve hormonal balance.
- It also can be a great remedy for acne.
- Gives strength to our muscles.
- It cleans our blood and lymph, making our body detoxified.
Some interesting combinations of turmeric to get awesome effects :
- Feeling low on energy and having acne too, add some garden cress ( Bageecha Haalim ) to your Golden Milk.
- If you have heart disease, joint pain or you are diabetic, add a pinch of nutmeg ( Jaayphal ) to your Golden Milk.
- Having legs cramp in night or you have week joints, add a few cashews to your Golden Milk. This combination is also beneficial for those who have Thyroid issues.
- For dealing infections and sore throat, you can add a pinch of black pepper in your Golden Milk.
Golden Milk Recipe :
Add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder or 1 inch coin of fresh turmeric root (peeled and grated) to 1-2 glass of milk. Boil the mix for 7-10 minutes. Strain the mix and drink warm.
Dairy Free Golden Milk Recipe :
Add 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder or 2 inch coin of peeled and grated turmeric root with 2 cup of fresh Coconut/Almond Milk. You can also add some honey and ghee 9 (optional) into it. Blend all these ingredients on high speed for a few minutes on a blender. Have it warm.
If you have lactose intolerance, than have turmeric in buttermilk instead of milk.
In case you avoid dairy fully totality, than have turmeric with some dry coconut and jaggery in evening.
You can also see check out my another post on How to Boost Your Immunity Against Covid-19 with Simple Foods https://tossthelife.com/?p=2510.