If you are getting intense itching ( especially at night ) and pimple like itchy rashes does appear on your skin, you might be suffering from Scabies.
Yes, you heard it right, it can be Scabies.
What is scabies?
Scabies is an infestation of the skin by tiny 8 legged itch mite ( Sarcoptes scabiei ). They can live on your skin for months. The microscopic scabies mite burrows into the upper layer of the skin where it lives and lays eggs. Pimple like skin rashes & intense itching are the most common symptoms of Scabies.
It usually spread through direct skin to skin contact, as it can pass easily between people. It also can be spread through clothes, bedding, furniture etc.
Facilities where people live in close contact to one another often see infestations spread easily.
Common Sites For Scabies Are :
- Area between the fingers
In some cases it may also be seen on head, face, soles of the feet too.
It can be treated with prescribed creams, ointments, lotion which helps to kill mites and their eggs with the regular application from the neck down and left on for eight hours.
There are several oral medicines too which can be used to kill the mites.
- Firstly, clean carpets and furniture with a vacuum cleaner along with treatment.
- Secondly, change bedsheet and pillow cover on every alternative day.
- Wash towels, bedding, clothing in hot water.
- Maintain a safe distance from other people in order to stop its spreading to others.
- Take bath with warm water.
- Meanwhile, try to keep separate your towels, clothes and bedding too.
- Apply ointment/lotion to clean, dry skin from the neck down to the soles of the feet.
- Apply overnight and leave on for 8-10 hours.
- Avoid contact with the mouth and eyes.
- Above all, follow each & every guidance & instructions given by your doctor.
Whom you should consult for scabies ?
However, a general medicine doctor can also be helpful for this. But generally it is suggested that one should consult a Dermatologist for treating any kind of skin issues including scabies.
Some Common Home Remedies :
1.Tea Tree Oil : As tea tree oil is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, acaricidal (able to kill mites), antipruritic (relieves itching). A studies from 2016 suggests that tea tree oil is promising treatment option for scabies, especially for cases that did not improve using typical treatments.
2.Clove Oil : A study showed that clove oil was effective in treating scabies in animals. However, more studies are needed to prove its effectiveness on humans.
3.Neem : There have been some studies that suggest that neem is effective in treating scabies because it kill the mites.
Do not forget to check out Aroma Treasures Tea Tree Oil – Pure Essential Oil review, to know more about Tea Tree Oil.
You can also purchase these oils here,
Tea Tree Oil : https://amzn.to/2IIbicJ
Clove Oil : https://amzn.to/3oNEazM
Neem Oil : https://amzn.to/2W7Zdk5
Happy Health 🙂